For today, lean toward Pooh and away from Eeyore.
As Winnie the Pooh has taught us, there is power in encouragement. There is power in a positive word, a kind gesture, a quiet gift that can change someone’s day. It’s in the small moments when we choose to listen to our hearts, to tell someone we’re thinking of them, that we believe in them, and that we’re praying for them, for their hearts and spirits to be lifted.
Here are some more encouraging words from the Happy Day Moments Facebook Page, Echoes from September 2014:
- Letting go quickly of negative stuff is the healthiest way to live.
- Focus on what you can do, not on what you could have done.
- Choose love as your lifestyle. Love fearlessly and without limits.
- Respect others for who they are. Not for who we want them to be.
- Those people you appreciate, those you love – tell them. Don’t wait until it’s too late.
- Sift all your decisions through love.
- Understand and embrace the idea that God has a plan for your life.
- Refocus your vision to see grace in your present situation.
- What would life be like if we considered others more important than ourselves? If we truly placed others’ needs before our own?
- Love and forgive more. Regret less.
- When you put your best foot forward, you’re on your way to starting the hokey-pokey.
- Treat others with love, dignity, and respect and you’ll build stronger relationships.
- Remind yourself of the gifts God has given. Bear them in mind as you go through your day.
- Difficulties are part of every success story.
- When you are weary and can’t find strength to stand, let God carry you.
- Fill your day with love and joy and peace and patience and kindness and goodness and faithfulness and gentleness and self-control.
- Nurture and guard your friendships, because they matter.
- Always go beyond what is required.
- If you feel abandoned by those who were once close, shift your focus to those who remain faithful.
- A beautiful day begins with a beautiful attitude.
- Let your words bring out the best in others, not put them down.
- Smile as often as possible.
- In moments of great darkness, God continues to love us with an everlasting love. Again and again.
- You are brave enough, smart enough, kind enough, and loved enough to move forward.