Let the fuel of your life be love, mercy, and forgiveness.
We all know that we get energy from food, from the sun, from coal, from oil, from the wind, from water, from natural gas, and that fuels store potential energy in forms that can be practicably released and used for work.
But I also believe that that we get energy from following our passions, from committing to people and service and causes, from choosing to live with gratitude. And the fuel that creates this strength and drive comes from love and goodwill – from kindliness and humanity.
That’s what I’ve been thinking about. Fueling my life – energizing my life – with love and mercy and forgiveness.
And then here’s a handful of other thoughts from my Twitter feed and my Happy Day Moments Facebook Page:
- May your heart be at peace in the waiting.
- May your faith be bigger than your fears.
- Remember the power of good words and how we all long to be appreciated and encouraged.
- My circumstances will not determine my peace.
- Lots of things in this world are not right. But one thing is always right: God’s love.
- We can choose how we respond. Compliment more; criticize less.
- Always pray and never give up.
- Be bold in your kindness to others.
- Give a boost up to someone who’s worn out from holding on.