The easiest and the hardest thing to do every day is to live with gratitude, but it will transform our life if we can do it.
When life is hard, throws unexpected messes at us, nearly drowns us, pushes us down and down, when we struggle to breathe ~~~
How can we think about, articulate, or even believe in happy?
By understanding that every moment of every day in every life does not have to be happy.
Only ONE moment does. ONE glimpse. ONE second. ONE breath.
And choosing to find it. Choosing to hold onto it. Choosing to claim it to redeem any hard messy heartbreaking sorrowful day. It’s our choice. Being grateful. For life.
For nearly three years, there has been so much hard in my life, so much what-is-going-on!, and yet so much miraculously easy – because of this choice to live with gratitude. Transformative.
So each day I post a Happy Day Moment on my personal Facebook page, and I also post on my Twitter feed and my Happy Day Moment Facebook Page something I’ve been thinking about.
Something to encourage, uplift, inspire, energize— and perhaps transform – others. (And do the same for me!)
Here is the handful from my October posts that had the most likes, the most comments, the most shares. Seems that kindness and love are my themes for the month 🙂
- Don’t harbor or memorize a list of all the things you think you’ve messed up. Forgive yourself and move forward.
- Be the one who is generous with kind words and who reminds others they are treasured and loved.
- Don’t just love those who treat you right; that’s easy. But love those who don’t; that’s what Jesus says.
- God is at work even when we can’t see it.
- Never giving up; always persevering. Never surrendering; always believing.
- Today believe for grace, love, joy, and miracles to surround you.
- Let our hearts be ripe with kindness and helpfulness and understanding.
- Because God so loves us, we ought to love each other.
- Be kind because it’s who you are, not because others have to earn it.
- There is power in a positive word, a kind gesture, a quiet gift that can change someone’s day.
Be kind. Be loving.