Never shy away from telling others the story of YOU. We are all important and we all have a story that can touch and inspire and build up and encourage and brighten and comfort and strengthen others.
Recently I had an opportunity to share some of my story when Stephen Terrell interviewed me for his radio program. Sharing what God has done for me. Sharing how I’m blessed. So now I’m sharing the podcast with you.
You can also read more of the story here.
Along the way in the story of me, I’ve been sharing some of my thoughts on my Happy Day Moment Facebook Page. These are the Echoes for June.
- It’s never a bad idea to be nice to people.
- It’s time to stop putting unrealistic pressures on ourselves. It’s time to relax, love ourselves, and refuel.
- Lingering on past regrets robs us of joy and the chance to move forward.
- Do your best to love and forgive others. We’re all flawed. Look for the good.
- Live out compassion. Live out kindness, rather than just talking about it.
- Shift your attitude from “how can I gain” to “how can I give.” Look for ways to help others.
- Look for strength in others. You gain nothing by criticizing their imperfections.
- Let us aim to please God’s heart, even though it may not please others.
- It’s okay to disagree, but for crying out loud, no need to be mean about it.
- It’s easy to be cynical, it’s brave to be grateful.
- Do not shrink to less when others criticize you, but keep blooming!
- Even though your desire is to fix it, to get it done now, waiting may be the wisest plan.
- If you say you love others, but it never shows up in word and deed, then you’re kidding yourself.
- Don’t say stuff that would hurt another person. Instead, speak what is good and helpful and gives grace.
- Gratitude is available always, and it’s clearly a recipe for success.
- Follow these things: faith, love, patience, humility.
- When we remember gratitude is the doorway to hope, we can usually find the strength to take one small step that will more us to better and easier times.
- To live with more peace, you need to forgive people quickly.
- Life is just better when you’re smiling.
- Let grace keep reaching out, reaching for others, reaching straight across boundaries and walls and barriers.
- Don’t change who you are in order to become someone else’s idea of a worthwhile human being. You are worthwhile. You matter.
- Those challenges? Those interruptions? Learn to receive them with grace.
- Give love. No matter our health, our problems, our circumstances. We must just try to give.
- Reading is not wasting time. It’s not being lazy. It’s tending your soul.
- You’re doing it right when you could cry and complain, but instead you smile and appreciate your life.
- Equanimity and gratitude allow us to live in joy each and every moment.
- Good things and hard things usually co-exist. Work at noticing the good and instead of fixating on the bad.
- We’re all afraid of something, but we don’t have to let fear stop us from moving forward.
- Don’t let anyone else affect your self-esteem. You have value.